To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As the initial contact with patients, employee gives the first impression of practice. Position requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to complete assigned tasks while greeting patients and answering phones.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Performs reception duties.
- 1.1 Greets and registers patients at the front desk and answers questions regarding their appointments in a prompt, pleasant, and helpful manner.
- 2. Performs scheduling duties.
- 2.1 Schedules procedures, outpatient appointments and admissions.
- 3. Prepares documentation prior to patient visit.
- 3.1 Verifies necessary information and records are in the patient electronic charts.
High school graduation or equivalent
2 years medical office experience or equivalent. PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AS A MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST STRONGLY PREFERRED.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Requires extended periods of sitting, walking and standing. Moderate unassisted lifting to 30 lbs.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top