PULMONARY PROGRAM MANAGER
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Manager of Respiratory Therapy shall be responsible for upholding the philosophy, policies and standards of practice of the Department of Respiratory Therapy. Responsible for planning, directing and evaluating the Respiratory Therapy delivered by assigned personnel for patients of all age-specific groups. Serves as a role model in all areas of clinical and professional practice. Facilitates communication between all levels of the department and with the Medical Directors. In collaboration with the Operations Director, develops and monitors the salary and nonsalary budgets of the department. Facilitates professional growth and development of assigned staff. Participates in intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities and projects a positive image of a professional respiratory therapist to the institution and the community.,
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Plans and directs the programs and activities for the departments of Respiratory Therapy, establishing short and long range goals and objectives.
- 2. Develops departmental goals and innovative programs with management staff to maintain high quality services. Exercises authority to accomplish agreed upon goals.
- 3. Establishes and maintains clinical standards of performance for all department techniques and procedures.
- 4. Interprets and administers Hospital policies as they relate to the department and develops policies for the department within the framework of Hospital policies.
- 5. Collaborates with respective medical Directors regarding the provisions of respiratory therapy services.
- 6. Develops, secures approval of, and administers departmental operating and capital budgets, including fee schedules.
- 7. Manages department supplies and inventory requirements. Develops and maintains vendor relationships to ensure appropriate
state of the art equipment to support the highest standards of patient care.
- 8. Initiates positive professional attitudes, behavior and philosophy, and foster interaction of experience and knowledge within the Departments.
- 9. Serves as the official departmental representative with respect to correspondence, interdepartmental liaison and, as necessary, liaison, between the Department and the community.
- 10. Anticipates and identifys problems; selects and implements methods of resolutions.
- 11. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, terminating, salary reviews, orientation for new staff, vacation scheduling, evaluation of supervisors, and assistance to supervisors with disciplinary problems.
- 12. Performs other duties as assigned.
B.S. degree in Respiratory Therapy or related equivalent experience; M.S. preferred.
Five or more years of experience in clinical practice.
Current license in the State of Connecticut to practice as a Respiratory Therapist.
Two to three years of demonstrated performance in leadership/supervision/management required,
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, Good analytical ability to interpret data,
Demonstrated ability to implement and support change,
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
Back to top