To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provide initial evaluations of individuals and families with mental or emotional problems. Offers counseling and outpatient psychotherapy to a wide range of individuals and families in distress.
- 1. Provides diagnostic assessment and psychiatric treatment to individuals who present themselves to the Outpatient Psychiatric Treatment Center, Hospital Emergency Room or Impatient Unit, with symptoms of mental illness or emotional distress.
- 2. Functions as an effective member of the mental health team.
- 3. Documents work with patients of the Outpatient Psychiatric Treatment Center.
- 4. Demonstrates commitment to personal career growth and competency.
- 5. Contributes to the productivity and efficient operation of the Psychiatric Treatment Center.
- 6. Responsible for promoting the Greenwich Hospital Patient / Guest Relations Program.
- 7. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and process the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's / area's / department's policies and procedures.
Doctorate in Medicine (MD) . Board Certified in Psychiatry.
Experience in outpatient psychiatry is desirable.
When indicated, specialized experience or training with children or adolescents may be necessary. 1 Month.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top