PSYCHIATRIC TECH II
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A member of the psychiatric nursing staff who is responsible for the care of assigned patients and assists with mentorship of Psych. Tech. I's under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Collaborates with the Registered Nurse in the application of principles of patient assessment.
- 1.1 Demonstrates basic skills in collecting data by interviewing patient and identifying overt and covert problems as observed by supervisor.
- 2. Collaborates with the Registered Nurse in the application of principles for planning patient care.
- 2.1 Collaborates with RN in problem identification for nursing care plans.
- 3. Works with the Registered Nurse in the application of principles for planning patient care.
- 3.1 Collaborates with RN in problem identification for nursing care plans as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Works with the Registered Nurse in the application of principles of implementation of patient care.
- 4.1 Bases care on specific identified patient needs as observed by supervisor.
- 5. Works with the RN in the application of principles of evaluation of patient care.
- 5.1 Reviews patient condition with RN against expected outcomes.
- 6. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for actions.
- 6.1 Demonstrates compliance with legal, regulatory codes, and psychiatric policies.
- 7. Demonstrates interest in self development.
- 7.1 Identifies areas in performance needing improvement as evidenced by ongoing communication with supervisor.
- 8. Completes non-therapeutic functions under the direction of MD, PA, APRN or RN.
- 8.1 Remove medication(s) from the pneumatic tube system sent from the Pharmacy or Hospital Supply to the unit/patient care area.
Bachelors degree in Psychology; Masters degree preferred.
Minimum of 2 years current clinical mental health experience preferred.
Demonstrated professional growth as evidenced by attendance at conferences, educational reading, and supervision of senior clinicians.
Back to top