Adv. Nurse Practitioner-Flexible Schedule-Benefits
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A nurse practitioner who focuses on meeting the emotional, behavioral and psychiatric health needs of REACH patients while providing ongoing evaluation, assessment, planning, intervention, and treatment. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- Clinical oversight of the REACH Youth Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) , alongside of the Clinical Coordinator and supportive Multidisciplinary Team , serving youth ages 5-17.
- Clinically assess and evaluate REACH patients who present with emotional, behavioral and or psychiatric health needs.
- Demonstrates advanced clinical skill in interviewing, observing and collecting healthcare information during time of assessment.
- Collaborates with Multi-disciplinary treatment team to develop treatment plans for patients.
- Performs psychiatric evaluation and provides clinical diagnosis.
- All required documentation is completed in a timely manner and adheres to the departmental standards. Medication management for lifespan populations. Prescribe and monitor psychotropic medications while providing diagnostic impressions and specific treatment recommendations.
- Assures patient's rights and safety are maintained at all times.
Registered Nurse with Master's Degree in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing.
Advanced practice registered nurse with a state-approved master’s degree in nursing (MSN) at minimum.
Lifespan experience required as working with youth (5-17 years old) and adult populations.
Experience in psychopharmacology required.
Minimum 3 to 5 years of clinical experience related to field of Psychiatry, required. .
Advanced practice registered nurse who has successfully fulfilled the state’s requirements in terms of clinical hours, and the completion of an advanced practice certification exam.
Must hold active APRN licensure and maintain compliance with state requirements.
** EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS ELIGIBLE
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top