PROJECT LEADER QUALITY -Perioperative Services
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Has responsibility and accountability for improving the quality and efficiency of clinical and operational processes throughout Perioperative Services. Provides the framework, coordination, and direction for the systemic monitoring and evaluation of process improvement projects with physicians, nursing staff, and support services. Plans, organizes, facilitates and implements the efforts to improve processes, efficiencies that positively impacts outcomes. Transmits values, communicates ideas, inititiates and maintains programs and systems while continuously assessing the practice environment. Provides project management expertise necessary to drive significant breakthroughs throughout Perioperative Services. Conducts research to evaluate potential solutions related to changes in equipment design, procedures, manpower, personnel, and training Responsible for independent actions in project oversight, systems designs, and the implementation of special projects. Can utilize Six Sigma, LEAN, change management, and other available performance improvement methodologies to achieve these goals.
- 1. Leads, facilitates and executes projects to improve Perioperative Services. Provides leadership in meeting goals and objectives. Interacts with Administrative Officers.
- 2. Identifies and manages resources required to successfully execute projects. Proposes process technology improvements to successful completion using quality methodologies in both individual and cross-functional team settings in order to enhance productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction. Drives measurable and sustainable improvement within the Perioperative Services to eliminate defects.
- 3. Develops digital solutions as part of the process change control plan where practical. Simplify process inputs and outputs to create standardization and improve execution. Where differentiation is required, utilizes Six Sigma to ensure all unique processes are executed.
- 4. Promotes professional accountability for clinical practice improvements. Leads, influences and motivates groups within Perioperative Services to critically examine practice.
- 5. Facilitates with Perioperative Executive Team necessary changes in the governance, managerial, support and clinical processes that affect outcomes across Perioperative Services.
- 6. Formally teaches Quality Improvement theory, study designs, statistical analysis, and problem solving related to process analysis. Uses teaching / learning theories and principles to foster the educational development of staff and self. Provides education in the approach and methods of quality assessment and improvement throughout Perioperative Services management and staff involved in monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- 7. Networks with other quality improvement professional to keep abreast of changes in quality management field, to benchmark with other organizations, and to gain access to new ideas outside the organizations.
- 8. Assists with the application of research strategies in identifying, monitoring and evaluating opportunities to improve patient care.
- 9. Facilitates implementation and evaluation of evidence-based practice in Perioperative Services.
Bachelor's Required; Masters Preferred
At least 3 years experience with demonstrated leadership, performance improvement
Must have project management experience and/or skills
Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, well-honed interpersonal abilities, advanced analytical and creative problem solving. Advanced skills with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and other web-based programs.
Back to top