PRODUCTION CONTROL ANALYST II
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Production Control Analyst II will perform a variety of complicated tasks to support and continuously improve the business continuity of Operations, Applications and Technical teams to ensure the flow of data and operations between or within departments. He/She must be familiar with a variety of the department's concepts, practices, and procedures to ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes with an objective of minimizing the impact of Change related incidents, and improving day-to-day operations. In addition to reducing Change-related incidents, a high priority is to promote ITIL based processes that achieve smooth transition of changes into production. In addition shared or sole responsibility will be assigned for coordinating the development of advance arrangements and procedures to ensure the organization can respond to a disaster or interruption of service so that the critical business functions can be resumed within a defined time frame, the amount of loss can be minimized, and any stricken facilities can be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. This responsibility includes coordinating the design, development, maintenance, and exercising (testing) of the overall disaster recovery plans for each critical functional area of the organization. These disaster recovery plans must address three major elements of the recovery process: (1) the Disaster Response organization and procedures for reacting to and coordinating recovery efforts; (2) the Recovery Support procedures for restoring key organization resources; and (3) the Business Resumption procedures for the continuation of critical business processes. The Disaster Recovery Coordinator will also be responsible for participating in any actual disaster recovery effort.
- 1. Manage the information systems change control process to ensure compliance with process and disaster recovery requirements.
- 2. Review/Create Change Management Library.
- 3. Participate in development and refinement of the Configuration Database.
- 4. Be a point of contact for process related questions and issues.
- 5. Facilitate and coordinate Change Control, BCP and PIR (Post Incident Review) meetings.
- 6. Perform change management functions such as coordinating and managing IT changes in the IT operations, maintenance and installation environment.
- 7. Close communication with business partners, clients in obtaining approvals and dispatching notifications Communication with Service Desks, Incident, Problem, Release and Configuration Management
- 8. Validating operational readiness of new projects
- 9. Ensure that ITSCM planning information is kept current and up to date used by all parts of the ITSCM process. Provide holistic management of availability that includes people and processes as well as technology
- 10. Identify and assimilate similar and/or overlapping activities/initiatives within IT
- 11. Coordinate inter-process changes with other process owners
- 12. Publicize activities and build commitment and consensus around Process Management activities
- 13. Communicate with and manage the expectations of customers of IT Services
- 14. Gain and/or retain the training and certification necessary to administer applications supported by Production Control.
- 15. Develop and manage high level implementation plans for Epic EMR downtimes.
- 16. Use Document management system site to store documents
- 17. End of month reporting: Change Management Metrics, Performance Statistics
- 18. Suggest improvements to process
- 19. Ensures process by which all material prepared for release into production is in compliance with quality standards.
- 20. Writes and communicates all change control procedures for the development, operations and technical staff members to follow for the implementation of new and/or changed programs for
- 21. Assumes responsibility for special projects to improve operational procedures, summarize and state corrective actions and improvements as needed
- 22. Conducts business impact analyses and assists company units to determine critical business processes ,
- 23. Identifies acceptable recovery time periods, and establishes resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster.
- 24. Coordinates the efforts of staff members in different functional areas in the development of procedures for the continuity of business processes in a disaster situation.
- 25. Establishes annual disaster recovery testing methodologies; plans and coordinates the testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas and documents the results.
- 26. Assures that recovery procedures are effective for the restoration of key corporate resources and for the resumption of critical business processes.
- 27. Develops corporate disaster response procedures; distributes and updates disaster procedures to reflect changes in staff size, location, organization, and home office facilities. Maintains a library of emergency response procedures.
- 28. Assists recovery support and business resumption staff during a disaster in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies.
- 29. Acts as a coordinator during an emergency situation.
- 30. Create and maintain documentation on all infrastructure, applications, and hardware related to disaster recovery/contingency operations
Bachelor Degree in CS / Business / Engineering or similar field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of five years of related IT experience including the areas of: Data Management, QA, Change Management, Telecom and Network.
Foundation certification in ITIL (Information Technology Information Library) required. Certification in Business Continuity Planning preferred, Six Sigma Training a plus. Either Epic Data Courier or Epic BCA required; both Epic certifications are preferred.
Ability to train others. Strong initiative and results orientation Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills Experience in enterprise service desk tools. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to lead meetings and facilitate large group discussions
On-call availability required for one weekend per month. In addition, must be available to participate in a monthly dial-in from 2 a.m.to 6 a.m. on the third Sunday of every month. This position is expected to demonstrate flexibility with regard to staffing needs as they relate to emergencies and special projects. Lifting & Carrying: Occasional lifting, carrying or otherwise moving and positioning files, documents, books, office supplies and similar objects in an office setting. Pushing & Pulling: Occasionally pushes and pulls file drawers as expected in an office position. Body Positions: sit, walk, stand: Regularly sits at desks and in meetings, frequently walks throughout hospital and occasionally required to stand in making presentations and during hospital functions. Body Movements: stoop, bend reach: Regularly requires bending, twisting, stooping and reaching as expected in an office position. Manual Skills: Frequently requires use of hands to perform office duties such as writing, typing on computer keyboard, handling documents and operating office equipment. Hearing: Requires ability to communicate with others in person and over telephone. Vision: Requires vision sufficient to read printed and handwritten materials.
Back to top