PROCEDURAL/OR ASST. I
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs selected patient care duties and may assist other care providers under the direction of an R.N.. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Maintains unit environment.
- 1.1 Reports repair needs to appropriate person and follows through to ensure repairs are completed as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 2. Demonstrates skill in observing and communicating patient needs.
- 2.1 Assists RN in designated activities 90-95% of the time as observed by supervisor.
- 3. Performs other related duties as needed and/or directed.
- 3.1 Transports patients/supplies as required for patient care following established hospital procedures as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 4. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in daily performance of role.
- 4.1 Relocates and rotates to meet patient care needs 100% of the time as observed by supervisor.
- 5. Completes non-therapeutic funcitions under the direction of MD, PA, or RN.
- 5.1 Remove medication(s) from the pneumatic tube system sent from the Pharmacy or Hospital Supply to the unit/patient care area.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Good interpersonal skills, Must have command of English language both reading and writing, Successful completion of orientation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; bend and or kneel; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. They are frequently required to reach with hands and arms. They are occasionally required to sit. Required to perform tasks involving heavy lifting, pulling and or pushing up to and possibly exceeding 50 or more pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top