PROCEDURAL OR ASSISTANT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assumes responsibility for the Procedural Assistants daily tasks under the direction of the Nurse Manager and or designee. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Maintains unit environment.
- 1.1 Reports repair needs to appropriate person and follows through to ensure repairs are completed as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 2. Demonstrates skill in observing and communicating patient needs.
- 2.1 Assists RN in designated activities as observed by supervisor.
- 3. Performs other related duties as needed and/or directed.
- 3.1 Transports patients/supplies as required for patient care following established hospital procedures as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 4. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in daily performance of role.
- 4.1 Relocates and rotates to meet patient care needs as observed by supervisor.
- 5. Demonstrates leadership in daily performance of role
- 5.1 Assumes responsibility for daily assignments and completion of assignments for Procedural Assistants as observed by supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Good interpersonal skills. Must have command of English language both reading and writing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; bend and or kneel; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. They are frequently required to reach with hands and arms. They are occasionally required to sit. Required to perform tasks involving heavy lifting, pulling and or pushing up to and possibly exceeding 50 or more pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Back to top