Primary Care Physician
Northeast Medical Group (NEMG) is a medical foundation comprised of over 500 top primary and specialty care physicians throughout Fairfield and New Haven counties and in New York’s Westchester County. As part of Yale New Haven Health, one of the country’s leading healthcare systems, NEMG provides physicians with access to the advanced clinical and collaborative care of three leading hospitals―Bridgeport, Greenwich and Yale-New Haven. Northeast Medical Group is currently seeking physicians for the following areas:
- Internal Medicine – Primary Care - We are seeking Board Eligible/Board Certified Internal Medicine physicians to join new and established primary care practices in the following locations:
Cheshire, East Haven, North Haven
Collegial and supportive environment with access to resources and specialists across the continuum of care
Full suite of practice management services that allow physicians to focus on patient care
Physician governance and Leadership opportunities
Flexible work schedule to support quality of life and work-life balance
Patient experience program with Press Ganey surveys that supports NEMG's culture of continuous improvement
Employment model with competitive compensation with excellent benefit and retirement plans including a pension and matching 403B, vacation, CME, malpractice including tail coverage and more!
Private practice model available in some locations
Responsible for providing appropriate non-surgical primary and continuing care to all patients in Northeast Medical Group, as well as leadership, coordination, and administration duties. The Physician leads an interdisciplinary team of primary caregivers and administrative support staff to perform assigned duties while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of Northeast Medical Group supporting our mission, vision and values to optimize the health and well-being of our patients.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes health education in conjunction with other health professionals
- Efficiently uses group practice and healthcare resources
- Contributes to quality improvement activities by actively participating in the medical staff activities, serving on various committees and suggesting and supporting process improvements
- Advises the Chief Medical Officer of any problems that can affect the efficiency of the organization
Degree of MD or DO with ABIM-recognized internal medicine residency (three years minimum) or ABFM-recognized family medicine residency (three years minimum)
- Valid American Board certification in either internal medicine or family medicine and renewed (if needed) prior to expiration
- Valid and unrestricted Connecticut medical license
- BLS certification
- Valid DEA registration and Controlled Substance Certificate
Possesses excellent written and oral communication, listening and social skills. Ability to interact effectively with people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value systems. Professionally performs in a tactful manner. Taps experience and uses independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Connecticut’s Fairfield and New Haven Counties offer many cultural and recreational attractions including museums, golf, hiking, restaurants, beaches, and superior educational opportunities through its public schools and internationally-acclaimed New England universities. Connecticut is located within two hours of New York and Boston.
Apply through submitting an application OR send your CV directly to our Staff Physician Recruiter at [email protected]
No agencies please.
Back to top