To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Practice Supervisor is responsible to provide the physician(s) with regular updates regarding the performance of the practice. This includes performance versus the budget. The Practice Supervisor monitors practice revenue and expenses and recommends actions to improve performance of the practice.
Provide support to staff to ensure efficient operations. Supports the organizational and service area's mission and vision. Helps coordinate schedule to assign and determine best staffing model to insure optimum efficiency in the delivery of patient care. Enforce policies and procedures in accordance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements. Oversee quality improvement activities, both clinically and fiscally. Exercise discretion and independent professional judgment related to assigned activities and in consert with physicians and practice operations management.
- 1. Communications and Reporting
- 1.1 Ensures that regular meetings are held with physicians to discuss status of practice operations, new programs/services and to review financial data.
- 2. Operations
- 2.1 Assists in the development of a short and long term strategic plan for the practice.
- 3. Financial Management
- 3.1 Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of operational budgets.
- 4. Leadership
- 4.1 Responsible for delegating work to assigned staff and achieving workflow standards.
- 5. Human Resources
- 5.1 Review the practice schedule for staffing coverage of clinical and administrative services in advance to anticipate and act upon issues.
- 6. Customer Satisfaction
- 6.1 Ensures the successful execution of customer service standards reflecting excellence consistent with Hospital policy for internal/external customers.
- 7. Clinical Supprt Resource
- 7.1 Help develop and guide quality improvement activities
High School Diploma or equivelent required. Bachelors degree preferred.
Minimum of 3 years progressive experience as a Practice Supervisor/Office Manager; leadership experience preferred.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids.
Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top