Plant Operator I
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assists in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of all mechanical, heating, refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, equipment and related facilities.
1. Recognizes the role of the HVAC mechanic in the department and how it relates to the overall function of the hospital regarding patient care.
2. The Mechanic is knowledgeable in the operation of the Siemens Control System.
3. The Mechanic completes periodic preventive maintenance on assigned equipment within the assigned time frame.
4. The Mechanic is knowledgeable in the installation and operation of DDC controls.
5. The Mechanic is able to prioritize situations correctly and handle emergencies capably.
6. The Mechanic has a good working knowledge of all Plant Systems.
7. The Mechanic stays abreast of any changes in the physical plant.
8. Contributes to the productive and efficient operation of the Facilities Department.
9. The Mechanic has the knowledge and skill necessary to run the Plant equipment in the most effcient way.
10. The mechanic is consistantly cost conscious.
11. The Mechanic is willing to adjust their personal schedule to help cover shifts as needed.
12. The Mechanic keeps his supervisor abreast of any problems and provides lists of needed parts/supplies.
13. The Mechanic routinely completes assigned tasks before the end of the shift.
14. The Mechanic works well with supervisors and others in authority positions.
15. The Mechanic is consistantly on time for the start of shift.
16. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures
17. The Mechanic is thoroughly familiar with all hospital fire detection and fire extinguishers equipment
18. The Mechanic is thoroughly knowledgeable concerning all hospital normal/emergency power systems
19. The Mechanic knows their role in emergencies (ie, hosptial disaster, departmental emergency, etc)
20. The Mechanic know their role in a "Code Pink" event
21. The Mechanic maintains their assigned areas in a clean & safe manner
22. Responsible for promoting the Greenwich Hospital Patient/Guest Relations Program.
23. The Mechanic uses skill and tact to accommodate patient and staff needs.
24. The Mechanic presents a positive and professional image.
25. Listens to patients, visitors and staff and promptly addresses concerns.
26. Promotes teamwork between people and services.
High School graduate, equivalent trade school, or completion of an approved trade apprenticeship program in commercial refrigeration, air-conditioning and control system.
Three (3) - five (5) years in comparable field.
S,D license desired; CT OE 2 required. Valid Driver's License required
Must be able to read. Must be able to write neatly and legibly.
Able to work in a noisy environment. Occasionally subject to extreme temperature variations. Able to differentiate color. Ability to climb ladders unassisted. Ability to work in awkward positions. Ability to hear and identify warning signals in loud areas (alarms and vibration). Ability to work in high locations (catwalks, scaffolds, ladders). Extensive walking, climbing and occasional lifting. Written and verbal communication skills. Personal computer literate (Energy Management computer). Must be able to adapt to a shift work environment.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top