To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Supports clinical service line performance and corporate strategy through the development of environmental assessments and accompanying strategic analyses. Monitors healthcare trends and proactively identifies and proposes strategy refinements as a result of market conditions. Helps coordinate the development of health system and delivery network annual business plans and reporting processes. Helps develops annual performance summary report for all health system entities. Provides staff support for corporate administration projects and Delivery Network initiatives. Responsible for complex and broad-scale department projects and initiatives (to include setting timelines, developing project plans, organizing process and ensuring appropriate follow -through and deliverables). Delivers high quality work products. Recommends areas for improvement in department to enhance effectiveness and performance and supports implementation.
1. Responsible for the development of business plans (and related quarterly tracking) and performance reports, ensures accuracy of the documents. Supports the System and Delivery Network corporate and clinical service line strategic planning processes.
2. Coordinates System and Delivery Network business plan processes and integrates quarterly input provided by administrative leadership and summarizes the progress toward strategic goals and documents these in quarterly reports for Senior Management. Coordinates and communicates with System senior executives and identifies potential delays against targets. Ensures consistency and continuity between all YNHHS business plans
3. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of local, regional, national and organizational trends, and applies market intelligence to advance initiatives with potential to impact organizational strategic goals and assesses their impact on current business plan and service line strategies
Service Line Planning and Support
1. Responsible for and leads strategic development and business planning on medium service lines: provides project management, supports service line leader/ team as needed and cultivates and maintains primary relationship with service line operations and finance staff. Conducts research to identify the scope of supply and demand for a service line, and supports the service line development work plan, identifying information and data needs.
2. Demonstrates proficient level of knowledge and develops expertise in industry, organization and department and utilizes market intelligence to support and advance projects, proactively informs department and service line leaders about implications of external factors and proposes new strategies and tactics. Conducts research on other healthcare providers and incorporates projections and forecasting methodology to estimate the future direction of clinical service lines
3. Provides staff support to service line administration with various ad hoc requests, market and data reports, and other special projects. Participates in service line committee meetings as required.
Data Reporting and Analysis
1. Demonstrates proficient understanding of department's data analysis tools and software; creates targeted reports and creates demand forecasts and proposes strategic recommendations to director based on qualitative and quantitative analyses. Develops comprehensive market overviews and analyses using inpatient state data sets and organizational data to identify trends, developments and other key conclusions. Coordinates comprehensive and accurate data analysis and interpretation to support senior level decisions regarding strategic initiatives. Coordinates data management support to Delivery Network entities.
2. Works with department data analysts and other internal departments to develop definitions of clinical service populations and ensures consistency in reporting across projects.
Corporate Strategy Support
1. Develops and proactively proposes potential strategies for program or system growth strategies Provides support to the Director, Planning, the Vice President, Planning and the Chief Strategy Officer and other senior executives as needed. Provides assistance for other necessary Planning needs. Participates in task forces, committees, etc., as directed by the Director, Planning & Business Development. Attends various meetings as designee of Director, Planning & Business Development.
2. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of local, regional, national and organizational trends, and applies market intelligence to advance initiatives with potential to impact organizational strategic goals. Recommends appropriate System and Delivery Network strategies to the Director and Vice President of Planning based upon a periodic assessment of the impact of identified trends on the organization Provides continual assessment of the impact of environmental trends on the System's strategic direction.
3. Creates comprehensive overviews of other hospitals and key geographies to identify potential impacts on the Health System's future direction and operations. Suggests appropriate strategic responses to the Director and Vice President as a result of changes in the external environment.
Physician Supply and Demand Analysis
1. Using Crimson Market Advantage software, creates reports on physician utilization and connectivity for service line planning, strategic analyses and business development and analyze data to assess impact on service lines, business planning and corporate strategy. Reviews reports with internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate interpretation and use of data
2. Assesses physician supply and demand for various clinical services utilizing available market data and internal inventories and rosters. Incorporates regional and local trends into demand forecasting.
1. Using Maptitude or similar software, creates maps to help visually display data points and key information, including but not limited to dot density maps, heat maps, locations of healthcare facilities.
2. Works with other Planning Department staff to ensure consistency between mapping projects and source data.
Annual and Quarterly Performance Reporting
1. Participates in creation of annual year-end performance report for YNHHS and Delivery Network Boards of Directors. Works with staff from other departments to compile and summarize key accomplishments and performance metrics for inclusion in report. Develops accompanying narrative text and graphics. Ensures consistency between reports and ensure high quality, professional appearance of documents.
2. Collects and summarizes data for quarterly corporate objective reporting for use by senior administration. Calculates performance scores against pre-defined targets and ensures timely availability of data
Master's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field.
Three to five years or more of progressive experience in the planning, business development, or administrative/operational areas of an academic medical center and/or health system.
Strong knowledge of and experience in strategic and business planning, clinical service line planning and analysis , and project management. Excellent analytical and quantitative /data skills and written and oral communication. Strong knowledge of clinical service line management. Proficient with computer information systems, state inpatient data sets, demographics, Crimson Market Advantage, Maptitude or other mapping software, inpatient and outpatient calculators /forecasters, pivot tables, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top