PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT OR ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT OR NURSE PRACTITIONER
WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO WORK AT WALK IN CENTERS
PART TIME OR FULL TIME
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The primary function of an Advanced Practitioner is to provide comprehensive care to patients in collaboration with physicians. Each AP has a designated supervising physician. Exemplifies behaviors reflecting Service Excellence and support of the Strategic Dimensions by modeling the Core Success Factors as described in the Performance Review.
- At Yale New Haven Health| Northeast Medical Group Walk Ins, you will treat patients for a variety of common illnesses and injuries including skin conditions, work-related injuries, vaccinations and diagnostic testing. The West Haven, North Haven and Shelton Walk-In Medical Centers are conveniently located and provide prompt medical treatment alternative to ER visits for non-life threatening health conditions.
- 1. Clinical Practice:
- 1.1 Assists in the care of assigned patients, ensuring safe and efficient care.
- 2. Education
- 2.1 Identifies information needs of team members, patients and families. Provides related teaching and education to unit nurses and PA students.
- 3. Patient Safety
- 3.1 Immediately reports any concerns about patient safety to manager and/or Administration.
- 4. Operations
- 4.1 Follows all NEMG policies and procedures.
CT Licensed Registered Nurse with Master's Degree or Completion of Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by ARC-PA and Board Certified by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants.
One (1) to two (2) years caring for patients preferred.
Excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top