FAMILY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN
WALK IN CENTERS: NORTH HAVEN, WEST HAVEN, SHELTON, CT
Northeast Medical Group (NEMG) was established with the goal of integrating physicians across Yale New Haven Health System in a single group practice that offers enhanced collaboration, improved clinical quality and better practice management resources. Since 2010, community and hospital-based physicians and mid-level practitioners have benefited from our affiliation with the region’s three leading hospitals: Bridgeport, Greenwich and Yale New Haven. Our commitment to them is to provide excellence in service with compassion and sensitivity to their needs and the patients they serve. NEMG enjoys clinical partnerships and has over 600 practitioners on our medical staff.
We are seeking a BC/BE Family Medicine Physician to join our walk in centers located in New Haven County. This is a wonderful employment opportunity where you can expect:
- Collegial and supportive environment with access to resources and specialists across the continuum of care
- Full suite of practice management services that allow physicians to focus on patient care
- Leadership opportunities
- Flexible schedule to ensure work/life balance
- Employment model with competitive compensation with excellent benefit and retirement plans including a pension and matching 403B, vacation, CME, malpractice including tail coverage and more!
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- Responsible for providing appropriate non-surgical care to walk in center patients. The Physician leads an interdisciplinary team of primary caregivers and administrative support staff to perform assigned duties while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of Northeast Medical Group supporting our mission, vision and values to optimize the health and well-being of our patients.
Degree of MD or DO, ABFM-recognized family medicine residency (three years minimum)
Preferred: Professional clinical experience in primary care practice, either family medicine or internal medicine
Valid American Board certification in family medicine and renewed (if needed) prior to expiration Valid and unrestricted Connecticut medical license BLS certification Valid DEA registration and Controlled Substance Certificate
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures and techniques. Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment. Ability to effectively manage and direct medical staff support activities while providing quality patient care. Ability to receive detailed information and express and exchange ideas orally. Ability to perform under stress. Possesses excellent written and oral communication, listening and social skills. Ability to interact effectively with people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value systems. Professionally performs in a tactful manner. Taps experience and uses independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with the practice family medicine.
Located in the greater New Haven area with wonderful family oriented residential communities. There is quick access to New York City and Boston with fabulous cultural opportunities, theater, orchestra, museums and restaurants.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top