Physical Therapist - Stamford, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Evaluates and treats patients as prescribed, using procedures and techniques consistent with the standards of physical therapy practice.
- 1. Evaluates and treats patients commensurate with experience and within the scope of standards and procedures of the practice, keeping service excellence as a main priority.
- 2. Keeps appropriate timely documentation of services rendered in line with hospital and regulatory agencies policies, procedures and standards.
- 3. Provides positive, supportive communication and education to patients and families.
- 4. Participates in educational programs to maintain professional development.
- 5. Participates in student education.
- 6. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy Experience preferred,
New Graduates Welcome
License to practice in Connecticut
Entry-level clinical skills in physical therapy evaluation and treatment. Excellent written and verbal command of the English language. Three Months
Busy atmosphere, exposure to noise, odors, and crowded space. Moderate stress attending to patient issues. Moderate stress attending to clinical problems and schedules. Moderate physical effort including bending, stooping, lifting and stretching. On feet for majority of work day.Walks throughout the facility during work day.
Back to top