PHYSICAL THERAPIST - LOAN FORGIVENESS
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Evaluates, plans and implements specific treatment programs for patients. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team members. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Clinical Skills
- 1.1 Demonstrates Skill in Evaluation, Treatment Planning and Providing Therapy
- 2. Productivity
- 2.1 Manages a Full Caseload on a Daily Basis.
- 3. Documentation and Administrative Tasks
- 3.1 Demonstrates consistency and timeliness with non-clinical tasks.
- 4. Professionalism
- 4.1 Demonstrates Participation in Professional Development.
- 5. Comprehensive Patient Care
- 5.1 Demonstrates Ability to Function as Interdisciplinary Team Member.
Graduate of accredited physical therapy program or equivalent and B.S. degree.
Current Connecticut licensure in physical therapy or demonstrated eligibility. Current BLS/CPR certification.
Graduate of accredited physical therapy program or equivalent and B.S. degree. The worker must be able to stand, walk, talk, hear, lift, push, pull, reach, stoop, kneel, climb and perform repetitive motions, of the wrist, fingers or hands., The worker is subject to inside environmental/atmospheric conditions such as poor ventilation and is also subject to hazards, such as exposure to chemicals., The worker must be able to operate various exercise equipment, whirlpools, ultrasound and electrical stimulation equipment., The worker must be able to exert up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and /or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to, 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects or the human body., Functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.
- Clinic hours are Monday through Friday 7am -6pm. No weekends or late evenings
- Work alongside therapists with specialties including orthopedics, neurology, lymphedema management, oncology, vestibular, myofascial, craniosacral, and women’s health
- Diverse community based patient population with diagnoses including orthopedics, post-surgical, neurologic, amputations/prosthetics, burns, workman’s compensation, vestibular, spinal cord injuries. COPD
- Performance Based annual pay increases
- The Ahlbin Centers of Bridgeport Hospital is a member of the Yale New Haven Health System
- Grant funded continuing education
- Onsite continuing education
- Career Ladder
- Bridgeport Hospital is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Back to top