PHYSICAL THERAPIST: Inpatient Services @ Saint Raphael Campus
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the evaluation and treatment of patients in a variety of inpatient and/or out patient care areas as assigned. Performs other clinical, teaching and administrative duties as may be required.
- 1. Clinical
- 1.1 Able to interpret physician referral recognizing skill level required with any patient diagnosis.
- 2. Educational
- 2.1 Attends department inservices and takes advantage of outside educational opportunities.
- 3. Administration
- 3.1 Complies with Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures, interprets the same for other staff, and makes recommendations for change.
- 4. Clinical Supervision
- 4.1 Participates in regular meetings - reporting pertinent information on timely basis.
- 5. Human Relations Skills
- 5.1 Demonstrates respect and regard for dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsive and courteous hospital environment.
Graduate of a CAPTE accredited program in Physical Therapy.
New Graduates Considered. Strongly prefer three (3) years of PT experience, preferably in a large, teaching hospital/medical center setting.
Must maintain a current unrestricted license to practice as a Physical Therapist in CT.
The individual should demonstrate knowledge in physical therapy theory, evaluations, and treatment techniques to be applied to a diverse patient population of varying ages depending on assignment. Observation skills, communication skills (both verbal and written), and the ability to work effectively with patients, families and other providers are essential. The individual should also be willing and able to assume increased responsibilities as required. Interpersonal skills must be at a level to effectively work with a broadly diverse patient population and workforce. Demonstrates a high level of independence and leadership in assigned clinical area.
Requires: exposure to blood and body fluids, hazardous materials and communicable diseases; long periods of standing and walking; lifting and positioning of patients.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top