To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of a pharmacist, will assist the pharmacist in all areas of the Pharmacy Department. Able to provide appropriate care for patients served, regardless of age.
- 1. Fills interim label doses in the pharmacy.
- 1.1 Fills medications timely and accurately as verified by feedback from pharmacists and supervisory observation.
- 2. Accurately compound, label, and recycle medication.
- 2.1 Compounds products timely and accurately as verified by feedback from pharmacists and
- 3. Compound and pre-packages medication orders.
- 3.1 Compounds extemporaneous products.
- 4. Maintains drug inventory in assigned work area.
- 4.1 Maintains adequate drug inventory levels on a daily basis.
- 5. Prepares and distributes controlled substances if assigned as primary responsibility.
- 5.1 Prepares controlled substance orders.
- 6. Ensures that the Greenwich Hospital and the Pharmacy Department are presented in a positive manner by promoting the Patient/Guest Relations Program.
- 6.1 Assists personnel outside the Pharmacy Department by answering questions or routing to appropriate
- 7. Pyxis responsibilities.
- 7.1 Fill baskets from medication pharmogistics carousel.
- 8. Contributes to the productivity and efficient operations of the Pharmacy.
- 8.1 Uses time in an efficient manner, by assisting other staff members when assigned work is complete and when other areas require additional support.
- 9. Maintains competency through continuing education for national certification.
- 9.1 Participates in the Pharmacy Technician training and orientation per departmental procedures as
documented by program records and supervisory observation.
- 10. Participates in special projects.
- 10.1 Participates in special projects as assigned and insures project progress/completion in a timely
fashion as observed by supervisors and documented by project progress/completion.
- 11. Patient Safety & Quality Operations Improvement Departmental Goal for Pharmacy Technicians:
- 12. Employer of Choice Departmental Goal for Pharmacy Technicians:
High School Graduate required. Graduate from Pharmacy Technician Training program preferred. Must be registered with the State of Connecticut.
Minimum of 1 year retail or hospital experience preferred.
Must pass national certification exam within one year of start date or termination may result. State of Connecticut Registration.
Lapsed certification will have 60 days show evidence of recertification or termination may result.
Good communication skills and good math background. Must pass national certification exam within one year of start date. 18 years of age or older. State of Connecticut as a Pharmacy Technician.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top