PHARMACY TECH.-CERTIFIED P/D
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assist pharmacist by performing all technical tasks necessary for the delivery of pharmaceutical services. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Fills interim label doses, in the pharmacy.
- 1.1 Fills medications timely and accurately as verified by feedback from pharmacists and supervisory observation.
- 2. Compound and pre-packages medication orders.
- 2.1 Compounds extemporaneous products.
- 3. Maintains drug inventory in assigned work area.
- 3.1 Maintains adequate drug inventory levels on a daily basis.
- 4. Pyxis responsibilities.
- 4.1 Fill baskets from medication carousel.
- 5. Fulfills evening duties and responsibilities.
- 5.1 Fills floor stock requests.
- 6. Maintains competency through continuing education for national certification
- 6.1 Participates in the Pharmacy Technician training and orientation per departmental procedures as documented by program records and supervisory observation.
- 7. Portfolio Breadth; Quality: Improvement Departmental Goal for Pharmacy Technicians:
- 8. People: Departmental Goal for Pharmacy Technicians:
- 9. Patient-Centered Care; Customer Satisfaction: Departmental Goal for Pharmacy Technicians:
- 10. Financial and Payrment: Departmental Goal for Pharmacy Technicians:
- 11. Portfolio Breadth; Safety: Improvement Departmental Goal for Pharmacy Technicians:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Pharmacy experience preferred.
State of CT Registration. CT registration must be renewed yearly if the employee allows the registration to lapse the employee may be terminated. Active Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification is required. If certification lapses, employees have 60 days to show proof of recertification or employment may be terminated.
18 year of age or older.
Good verbal communication and interpersonal skill.
State of Connecticut registration as a Pharmacy Technician.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top