PFT LAB SUPERVISOR -Pulmonary Function
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The PFT Lab Supervisor, under the direction of the Director for Respiratory Care and in partnership with the Medical Director, organizes, administers, and supervises the efficient functioning of the PFT Lab. As the technical expert for the PFT Lab, this full time position requires qualified candidates possess Bachelors in a health related field or an Associates Degree in Respiratory Care and will earn a Bachelors degree in health related field within 5 years. Also a requirement is excellent verbal and written communication skills, and must have documented progressive leadership experience (such as providing and evaluating clinical training programs, and/or collaboration with physicians, etc). This supervisor must also be flexible and adaptable to changing needs and be able to make discriminating observations. Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel. Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 1. Daily Operations:
- 1.1 Employee schedules and patient scheduling (priority) to ensure lab is meeting predetermined metrics.
- 2. Fiscal Responsibilities
- 2.1 Understands and assists in the development of a unit budget to ensure the delivery of cost effective, quality care; Participates in financial forecasting and planning along with other members of the management team
- 3. Talent Aquisition
- 3.1 Participates in the selection and training of employees; makes effective recommendations regarding hiring, terminations, discipline and changes in employment status.
- 4. Patient Experience/Customer Service
- 4.1 Serves as a liaison for patients, their families and YNHH staff, ensuring the successful execution of customer service standards reflecting excellence consistent with hospital policy for internal/external customers
- 5. Employee Engagement
- 5.1 In collaboration with PFT Lab leadership, provides direction and leadership to staff in an environment that offers job satisfaction and recognition as well as stimulation of innovative thinking to accomplish goals and objectives
- 6. Strategic Vision
- 6.1 Assists and participates in special activities such as outreach programs, special projects and school based health porgrams.
Bachelors in a health related field or an Associates Degree in Respiratory Care and will earn a Bachelors degree in health related field within 5 years, Registered Registered Respiratory Therapist and Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist is required within 1 year.
At least Five (5) years clinical practice experience in Respiratory Care/Pulmonary Function with demonstrated leadership experience required. Expectation of role is to be considered the technical expert of the Pulmonary Function lab.
Respiratory Therapy CT License, Registered Respiratory Therapist by the NBRC, and Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist by the NBRC within 1 year.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities. Demonstrated clinical expertise, critical thinking, and computer skills. Excellent prioritization and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to implement, support and effectively monitor change required. Must be able to recognize pulmonary pathology, and document accordingly.
Exposure to bio-hazardous blood and body fluids. Prolonged standing, walking and lifting required. Flexibility of hours.
Must commit to become a Registered Pulmonary Function Tech within 1 year of hire if not already registered
Back to top