PERIOP TALENT PGRM MGR
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of YNHH's Perioperative Service Line's "grow your own" pipeline programs. These strategic programs provide technical/clinical education and hands-on training to groups of new hires/employees interested in becoming future Perioperative Nurses. Working in concert with nursing leadership, nurse educators, Talent Acquisition and other key stakeholders, the program manager will build internal pipelines of interested, trained and qualified Perioperative professionals who will continue on a path to Clinical RN positions. This position will oversee, strengthen and expand the existing Periop 101 training program and will evaluate and propose new training programs including review of potential externship programs, summer student nursing programs, Scrub Tech advancement program, etc. This position will collaborate with internal YNHH departments and staff as well as explore potential partnership opportunities across the YNHHS system.
- 1. Program Design and Development
- 1.1 Work with nurse leadership, finance and HR teams to understand workforce gaps in current and future state, taking a multi-year view to planning
- 2. Program Implementation and Oversight
- 2.1 Recruit - determine which candidate pools and/or which existing employee groups will be feeders into these programs; evaluate both internal and external candidates
- 3. Program Metrics and Monitoring
- 3.1 Ensure retention of program participants through monitoring, tracking and other metrics
- Bachelor's Degree (in Nursing preferred) - Advanced degree in related field desired - Educator background; trained hospital preceptor - CNOR or ASPAN Certification preferred
5-7 years of RN experience preferred. A minimum of 2 years in an education related role or talent management/oversight role, formal or informal. Experience with program development. Experience or knowledge of human resources programs and philosophies either through training, learning or hands-on experience.
- Program management/program development - Project management skills - Strong communication skills - Training/education background - Large hospital or health system preferred
RN experience required
OR experience preferred
Back to top