PER DIEM SOCIAL WORKER-LCSW
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Social Work services to the hospital's patients and their families; services are designed to address psycho-social and environmental factors which impact on the healthy functioning and/or recovery of the patients and families. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Provides clinical social work services which may include crisis intervention, advocacy, bereavement counseling, information and referral, discharge planning, behavior therapy to patients/families/significant others.
- 1.1 Interviews patients, families, or significant others as per policy as evidenced by documentation of patients' charts.
- 2. Maintains effective, open communication with all members of the health care team and other hospital staff. Provides coverage to other departments as needed.
- 2.1 Functions as an active, contributing member of an inter-disciplinary team as measured by attendance at teammeetings, supervisory observation and feedback.
- 3. Maintains appropriate patient records as mandated by department policies.
- 4. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with community agencies/facilities and service providers to enhance the availability of resources and to facilitate patient access.
- 4.1 Maintains current information about resources as measured by supervisory observation.
- 5. Participates in professional staff development and hospital/community activities to maintain professional competency, contribute to training of others, and to enhance professional visibility.
- 5.1 Attends and participates in 90-95% of departmental meetings and staff development programs as measured by review of meeting minutes and by supervisory observation.
- 6. Participates in programs, policies and procedures development and implementation.
- 6.1 Identifies problem areas or gaps in services in hospital and department in accordance with professional standards measured by supervisory observation.
Master's Degree in Social Work.
Minimum of two years experience in health care setting. Experience with dual diagnosis and/or substance abuse a plus
LCSW strongly preferred. For staff hired before May 15, 2014, must be license eligible within 2 years of hire/transfer into this position and have received license within 3 years of hire/transfer into this position. For staff hired after May 15, 2014, LMSW is required upon hire. LMSW hires must be license eligible within 2 years of hire/transfer into this position and have received license within 3 years of hire/transfer into this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk and/or hear. The employee is also required to sit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
LMSW required, LCSW strongly preferred.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top