PER DIEM PHYSICAL THERAPIST
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the evaluation and treatment of patients in a designated patient care area. Performs other clinical, teaching and administrative duties as may be required.
- 1. Clinical
- 1.1 Able to interpret physician referrals to perform basic clinical evaluations.
- 2. Educational
- 2.1 Attends department in-services.
- 3. Administration
- 3.1 Complies with Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures.
- 4. Clinical Supervision
- 4.1 Participates in regular meetings with supervisor and reports pertinent information on a timely basis.
- 5. Human Relations Skills
- 5.1 Demonstrates respect and regard for dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsive and courteous hospital environment.
Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program. Must hold a valid Connecticut license or temporary permit.
One (1) to three (3) years of employment in an outpatient setting preferred.
Must hold current license with State of Connecticut as a Physical Therapist. Membership in the American Physical Therapy Association preferred.
The individual should demonstrate knowledge in basic anatomy and physiology, psychology, physical therapy theory, evaluations, and treatment techniques. Observation skills, communication skills (both verbal and written), and an ability to work with others in a synergistic manner are essential. The individual should also be willing and able to assume increased responsibilities as required.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds in the performance of daily job requirements.
Back to top