PA/APRN - STROKE PROGRAM
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports to the Stroke Program Associate Director and/or Director of Medicine Services and works collaboratively with physician leaders, physicians, Advanced Practive Providers (APP), and staff of the Y-NHH Stroke Center to ensure goals and objectives are successfully met. Under the supervision of an MD, the Physician Assistant provides comprehensive care to all stroke patients utilizing established protocols and guidelines. In collaboration with the Stroke team, the Physician Assistant will provide continuity of care to patients in the inpatient and outpatient settings to achieve optimal patient outcomes and satisfaction. Assists leadership of the YNHH Stroke Center in the development, marketing, strategic planning, and management of a comprehensive stroke system of care at YNHH. Assists with oversight of regulatory activity related to The Joint Commission certification as a Disease-Specific Care program and works collaboratively with YNHH Office of Regulatory Readiness to ensure compliance with stated standards.
- 1. Maintains responsibility for clinical practice, responsibilities and participation in Stroke Center initiatives.
- 1.1 Provides support for the ongoing management of the Stroke Center.
- 2. Assists with maintaining responsibility for Quality Improvement and regulatory aspects/initiatives associated with the Stroke Center.
- 2.1 Assists with educational requirements and prepares all necessary certification and recertification documents; remains current with stroke center regulatory guidelines, revisions and updates.
- 3. Maintains responsibility for professional development.
- 3.1 Assists Stroke Center leadership with development of program goals and objectives.
- 4. Collaborates with Stroke Team to provide leadership, expertise and support in planning, promoting, designing and ensuring delivery of education to physicians, nurses, support staff, patients, families, and the community based on best practice and YNHH's goals and initiatives.
- 4.1 Communicates and works with physicians and clinical staff to assess educational needs of patients, families, and community.
Master's degree required; graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
Minimum of one (1) year clinical experience required, APP experience preferred.
Current Connecticut PA and DEA licenses required.
Stroke/Neurology experience required with excellent clinical and decision making skills. Must possess analytical skills to evaluate care needs, ability to gather relevant clinical data, and perform thorough physical examinations. Must have ability to make independent judgments and implement required changes. Must be a change agent and possess excellent interpersonal, communicaton and leadership skills with good judgment and tact when dealing with patients, families and the clinical team.
Back to top