To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Interviewing patients to obtain demographic information for registration, or obtaining information from physicians' office requisitions for drop-off samples, followed by ordering laboratory procedures. Daily duties will vary and include reception, registration, order entry, physicians' office communication and problem solving.
- 1. PATIENT INTERVIEWS
- 1.1 Performs patient interviews to obtain necessary and accurate demographic information for registration. Proficient at obtaining needed information from requisitions for drop-off specimens.
- 2. LAB TEST ORDERS
- 2.1 Accurately orders requested tests within the lab information system; obtains ABN's as appropriate.
- 3. PROBLEM SOLVING
- 3.1 Interacts with patient's and physician offices in an effective manner to clarify test orders, patient diagnoses and insurance information.
- 4. PROCEDURES
- 4.1 Keeps current on departmental procedures and information, including updates on insurance plans and registration requirements...
- 5. QUALITY ATTRIBUTES
- 5.1 Demonstrates service excellence in all patient care activities. Promotes an environment of service excellence in work area. Promotes teamwork and patient care quality in all interactions with co-workers, physician offices and other departments.
High School Diploma is required, college or technical school courses are preferred. Computer familiarity and keyboard skills are required. A friendly caring personality is necessary for public relations. Medical terminology is strongly encouraged.
Data entry should be performed with a minimum numbers of errors and the importance of verifying patient data must be emphasized. There is the need for a patient focused employee with strong interpersonal skills.
Long periods of typing and data entry. Intense concentration with computers and procedures most of the day.
Back to top