To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Interviewing patients to obtain demographic information for registration, or obtaining information from physicians' office requisitions for drop-off samples, followed by ordering laboratory procedures. Daily duties will vary and include reception, registration, order entry, physicians' office communication and problem solving.
- 1. PATIENT INTERVIEWS
- 1.1 Performs patient interviews to obtain necessary and accurate demographic information for registration. Proficient at obtaining needed information from requisitions for drop-off specimens.
- 2. LAB TEST ORDERS
- 2.1 Accurately orders requested tests within the lab information system; obtains ABN's as appropriate.
- 3. PROBLEM SOLVING
- 3.1 Interacts with patient's and physician offices in an effective manner to clarify test orders, patient diagnoses and insurance information.
- 4. PROCEDURES
- 4.1 Keeps current on departmental procedures and information, including updates on insurance plans and registration requirements...
- 5. QUALITY ATTRIBUTES
- 5.1 Demonstrates service excellence in all patient care activities. Promotes an environment of service excellence in work area. Promotes teamwork and patient care quality in all interactions with co-workers, physician offices and other departments.
High School Diploma is required, college or technical school courses are preferred. Computer familiarity and keyboard skills are required. A friendly caring personality is necessary for public relations. Medical terminology is strongly encouraged.
Data entry should be performed with a minimum numbers of errors and the importance of verifying patient data must be emphasized. There is the need for a patient focused employee with strong interpersonal skills.
Long periods of typing and data entry. Intense concentration with computers and procedures most of the day.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top