OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST I
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the evaluation and treatment of patients in a variety of rotating patient care areas. Performs other clinical, teaching and administrative duties as may be required.
- 1. Clinical
- 1.1 Able to interpret physician referrals to perform basic clinical evaluations.
- 2. Educational
- 2.1 Attends department in-services.
- 3. Administration
- 3.1 Complies with Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures.
- 4. Clinical Supervision
- 4.1 Participates in regular meetings with supervisor and/or team leader and reports pertinent information on a timely basis.
- 5. Human Relations Skills
- 5.1 Demonstrates respect and regard for dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsive and courteous hospital environment.
Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program. Must hold a valid Connecticut license or temporary permit. NBCOT certification preferred.
No experience required.
The individual should demonstrate knowledge in basic anatomy and physiology, psychology, occupational therapy theory, evaluations, and treatment techniques. Observation skills, communication skills (both verbal and written), and an ability to work with others in a synergistic manner are essential. The individual should also be willing and able to assume increased responsibilities as required.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds in the performance of daily job requirements.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top