NURSE PRACTITIONER - SCHOOL BASED - 15 Hrs/Week
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The primary functions of the Nurse Practitioner will be to provide comprehensive primary care to children in the school based health clinic. Comprehensive care will include primary health care, medical management of acute and chronic illnesses, education, and provision of psychosocial support.
- 1. Clinical Practice: Provides comprehensive primary care to children in the school based health clinic.
- 1.1 Assumes primary patient care responsibility for patients in a the school based health clinic under the supervision of the Medical Director.
- 2. Education: Plans and implements educational programs for health care providers, adolescents, families, and the community.
- 2.1 Is knowledgeable of current local, regional and national clinical and operational trends in adolescent care.
- 3. Research: Applies current research findings to his/her nursing practice.
- 3.1 Promote research utilization through dissemination of existing and new research findings.
- 4. Leadership:Ensures the provision of holistic care for the patient in the school based health clinic.
- 4.1 Serves on committees in hospital and/or community.
- 5. Professional Development: Participates in continuing education to increase knowledge and expertise in area of practice.
- 5.1 Participates in professional and community activities.
Masters degree in Nursing from an accredited nurse practitioner program required. Current Connecticut APRN license required.
3-5 years professional nursing experience with a minimum of year as a nurse practitioner, experience working in a School Based Health Center or clinical setting with adolescents preferred.
Current Connecticut APRN license
Excellent basic knowledge with clinical skills and judgment. Possess analytical skills to evaluate care needs, ability to gather relevant clinical data, perform thorough physical examinations, and possess excellent interpersonal skills, communication and leadership activities and exhibit good judgment and tact dealing with patients, families,and allied health professionals. Computer skills preferred.
Possesses physical and mental heath necessary to care for patients and families. Possesses a full range of body motion, including lifting and handling of adult patients.
This position is school based at 15 hours per week. Experience working with adolescents preferred.
Back to top