NURSE COORDINATOR,CRANIOFACIAL PROGRAM
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Specality Section Chief and the Director , the primary role of the Nurse Coordinator is to ensure coordination of patient care across the continuum. This includes communication with patients/families, staff and providers, as well as rotating residents.
- 1. CLINICAL PRACTICE
- 1.1 Manages incoming referrals, coordinates initial patient contact by attending and compiles necessary list of presented patients, identifying additions or deletions in collaboration with attending physicians and house staff.
- 2. CLINICAL PROGRAM
- 2.1 Assists in marketing and community outreach efforts
- 3. RESEARCH
- 3.1 Collaborates with investigators and protocol personnel
- 4. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT/ EDUCATION
- 4.1 Participates in enhancing the professional development of the nursing staff and other health care providers involved in the care of the surgical patients. Facilitates self care of patients through patient and family education
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred. Connecticut RN license
A minimum of three (3) years experience in adult inpatient services, ambulatory or critical care
Knowledge of physiology and disease involving the disease unit. Excellent communication skills.
EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION, NEGOTIATION AND ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS. ABILITY TO ADAPT TO A WIDE VARIETY OF PROFESSIONAL INTERACTIONS. EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE OF ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORD. EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE OF PERSONAL COMPUTERS AND RELATED SOFTWARE.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top