NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR I
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general direction and supervision of the Network Infrastructure Manager, the Network Administrator I is responsible for the planning, design, support, installation and maintenance of the corporate communications voice and data networks and associated hardware and software. Develops implementation plans, coordinates implementation of communication systems verifying the installation of hardware, software and network management tools. Works at a technical level and maintains effective communication with management, user departments, and other support organizations. This position is responsible for the execution of all operational tasks required to implement a highly scalable and available multi-vendor voice and data network infrastructure. Documents all changes that take place on the voice and data communications network and platforms according to the established organizational procedures and standards of Yale New Haven Health System ITS.
- 1. Provides skilled technical assistance in the development of voice and data network architecture, including design, planning, implementation, and support.
- 2. Resolves voice and data network problems, coordinates everyday moves and changes, and performs voice systems and data network equipment upgrades . Activates and programs network ports as appropriate.
- 3. Resolves network problems, coordinates everyday moves and changes, and performs network upgrades. Activates and programs network ports as appropriate.
- 4. Helps test and evaluate new hardware, software, and tools as they relate to the LAN and voice infrastructure.
- 5. Maintains and supports the data communication wiring infrastructure.
- 6. Plans deployment procedures and implementation schedules for new hardware, software, and tools. Also plans and implements end-user migration to new hardware as necessary including the deployment of appropriate VLANS
- 7. Helps develop and maintain network standards and procedures.
- 8. Performs voice and data network monitoring and management including performance, capacity, and availability analysis.
- 9. Works within a team of network specialists in the installation and support of the network environment.
- 10. Performs other job duties and responsibilities as required.
Associate's Degree in Computer Science, or related disciple or technical training and/or related experience equivalent in LAN/WAN networking
At least 2 years experience in implementation and support of an Enterprise voice and data network. 1 or more years in a network support capacity. Experience in a large complex voice and data network environment preferred. Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC), Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (CUCCX), Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence a plus. Experience with Microsoft Skype for Business collaboration technologies and Office 365 implementation and support a plus.
Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent certification(s) and work experience a plus. Cisco Call Manager experience preferred.
Experience and knowledge in the following areas: implementation and integration management for LAN, WLAN, WAN and VoIP networks. Operational knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN/WAN protocols as well as a good understanding of voice and data network design, performance, and security concepts. Proven experience implementing and supporting routers, switches, firewalls and VoIP products including voice gateways a plus. VPN support experience preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills required as well as the ability to resolve complex tasks within a team setting as a leader and contributor.
Work with hand tools requiring dexterity, skillful eye to hand coordination and repeated motion. Must have average to above average eyesight and be able to easily distinguish colors and shading. Must have average to above average hearing required to easily distinguish between various audible alerts emitted from devices. Frequent walking, standing and travel between all YNHHS locations throughout the State CT and Westchester County NY. On call and off hours support required.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top