MENTAL HEALTH WORKER PSYCH
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Patient Service Manager and the direction of the Registered Nurse, performs specific duties that support patient care. These duties include direct and indirect patient care activities which are essential to providing comprehensive care to patients. The Mental Health Worker, as a result of experience and training in a defined area of practice, is able to perform all requirements of the position at a competent level.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 1. Provides individualized patient care to ensure the safety and dignity of the patient.
- 1.1 Collaborates with members of multidisciplinary team offering suggestions and recommendations on addressing patient/family needs.
- 2. Assists the nursing staff in maintaining a therapeutic milieu to ensure the care and treatment of patients.
- 2.1 Acts as a facilitator/co-facilitator in select unit based task oriented and /or recreation groups.
- 3. Participates in unit activities that promote a cohesive group.
- 3.1 Participates in interdisciplinary staff meetings and if unable to attend, reads and signs minutes.
Graduation from high school supplemented by at least two (2) years of college or related experience.
A minimum of one (1) year experience in a psychiatric facility, i.e., an inpatient unit or an outpatient psychiatric clinic.
Ability to deal effectively with agitated or aggressive and potentially violent patients. Excellent interpersonal skills.
Back to top