MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST A - Hematology Lab York St Campus
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of technical duties to ensure that the department operates in an efficient and accurate manner.
- 1. Performs laboratory testing in a responsible efficient and accurate manner to ensure the reporting of proper results in a timely fashion.
- 1.1 Follows established department procedures when performing testing 95% of the time as observed by supervisors. When appropriate applies age specific criteria in performance of duties.
- 2. Performs quality control testing and maintains accurate and legible records so that test accuracy is assured and that all required records are accurate and up to date.
- 2.1 Performs and documents required quality control testing following established procedures as observed by supervisor.
- 3. Possesses an understanding of the technical and medical basis of testing to ensure the proper communication and performance of lab tests.
- 3.1 As requested, can explain the basic principles of laboratory tests they perform as observed by supervisors.
- 4. Demonstrates a professional attitude and approach to all area of work, attempts to work well with others, and demonstrates a commitment to personal career growth in Medical Technology.
- 4.1 Employee is ready to work at the start of assigned shifts.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent with MT (ASCP) certification or equivalent or eligibility.
One (1) to two (2) years' experience in an accredited Clinical Laboratory preferred.
Working knowledge of equipment, instrumentation, and materials used in a Clinical Laboratory.
Back to top