MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST A
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Manager, Shift Coordinators, and Section Coordinators, performs a wide range of clinical laboratory testing in an accurate and timely fashion by utilizing technical and problem-solving skills in conjunction with a thorough knowledge of Clinical Chemistry principles and instrumentation.
- 1. Technical Skills - Demonstrates technical competency by performing a wide variety of techniques involved in the chemistry laboratory. These include moderate to highly complex tests.
- 1.1 Performs tests according to laboratory procedures with acceptable accuracy and precision.
- 2. Instrumentation Skills - Demonstrates sufficient knowledge and skills to independently operate all 24/7 instrumentation/areas.
- 2.1 Performs instrument maintenance according to schedule including documentation, within established time limits.
- 3. General Laboratory Skills and Knowledge - Performs tasks that assist with overall operation of laboratory service according to laboratory policies and in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- 3.1 Takes responsibility for all reagents and supplies associated with assigned test to ensure adequate materials are available for next analysis.
- 4. Professional Skills - Participates in activities that demonstrate professionalism, a commitment to competency and career growth.
- 4.1 Assumes leadership role for students, trainees, and co-workers by providing technical assistance when asked.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent with MT (ASCP) certification or equivalent or eligibility.
One (1) to two (2) years' experience in an accredited Clinical Laboratory preferred.
Working knowledge of equipment, instrumentation, and materials used in a Clinical Laboratory.
This position is located at the Park Street Laboratory in New Haven, CT
This position is located at the Yale-New Haven Hospital Park Street Laboratory.
Back to top