Medical Assistant - IVF Stamford, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for assisting physicians and nursing staff with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. Assists in examination and treatment of IVF patients under the direction of IVF physicians, nurses, and the Director. Conveys a positive image. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Cleaning and turning over exam rooms, cleaning of ultrasound probes, sterilizing equipment in autoclave or prepare for SPD, ordering supplies and stocking rooms, phlebotomy, chaperoning MDs in exam room, pulling/printing patient medical records for copying, filing; scanning records, computer entry. Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Cross coverage in all Greenwich Fertility offices.
- 1. Effectively works in collaboration with providers and clinical /clerical staff to provide direct/indirect care to patients and families.
- 1.1 Prepares patient for visit. Includes, but is not limited to: height and weight, history intake, vital signs, pulse oximetry, and documents findings.
- 2. Maintains patient records effectively
- 2.1 Updates and maintains census records and provides those records to designated recipient when requested. b. Assists staff in the collection of quality, utilization, and satisfaction data. c. Participates in quality assurance monitoring of service, patient care and operational efficiency indicators, and follows up with appropriate interventions and problem solving as indicated in documentation review and by feedback from the health care team.
- 3. Performs a range of duties required to coordinate the billing and follow-up of each patient account. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Ensure providers submit timely and accurate billing.
- 4. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's / area's/ department's policies and procedures.
- 5. Cross-train with Medical Receptionist to be able to provide coverage for this position as needed
- 6. Perform other duties as assigned
High School Graduate. Experience in medical field which relates to the job skills required for this position.
Experience working in a medical environment, physician office. IVF or OBGYN experience preferred. Phlebotomy experience.
CPR certification required
Medical skills to assist the physician and nursing staff with patient evaluation and follow up treatment. CPR certification required. Venipuncture skills required. Computer skills required.
Pleasant office setting. Standing, sitting and walking most of the day and working with lightweight equipment. The job is rated with a light physical demand level. There is moderate amount of stress dealing with a corporate environment. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Travel may be required between our Greenwich, CT and Tuckahoe, NY offices.
Back to top