To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction and supervision of an RN, assists the nurse coordinator and the physicians in the office setting for cardiac surgery and surgical oncology patients. Position will provide care such as vital signs, setting patients up in the exam room, paperwork, assist with ADLs, etc.. All under the direction of the nurse and physician.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Under the direction and supervion of an RN, provide acute care for non-work related and work related illnesses/injuries.
- 2. Performs health information management record maintenance and control.
- 3. Responsible for processing new employees and ongoing surveillance of existing employees adhering to CDC recommendations and OSHA requirements.
- 4. Maintains policies and standard operating procedures in compliance with the requirements of regulatory agencies.
- 5. Assists with medical exams, procedures and treatments (post offer exams, powered industrial vehicle exams, fire fighter exams, ground ops. exam, inspector vision exams, coin tap hearing testing, hearing conservation testing and training, return to work process, physicial therapy, chromium and cadmium surveillance, and other duties as assigned).
- 6. Assists with minor surgical procedures (i.e. suturing).
- 7. Under the direction of an RN, provide Health Maintenance education. Participates in health promotions (health fairs).
- 8. Performs pulmonary function testing.
- 9. Performs phlebotomy services and ancillary testing.
- 10. Maintains a neat, orderly, clean and organized physical environment.
- 11. Assists with the development and maintenance of policies and standard operating procedures in compliance with the requirements of regulatory agencies.
- 12. Records information in medical records database including patients' vital signs, EKGs, etc..
High school graduate or equivalent.
Either has gone through CNA course or certified medical assistant course.
Minimum of 2 years related experience. Broad knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, pathology, blood-borne pathogens, and universal precautions. Medical equipment Knowledge: EKG, Sphygmomanometer, glucometer, AED, otoscope, eye wash station/technique, thermometer, scale. Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook.
Certified and/or registered as a Medical Assistant. Or CNA certified.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and/or hear. They are also required to stand and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 26 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, perpheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment if usually moderate.
Back to top