MANAGER REVENUE CYCLE - NEMG
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Directs and manages all administrative functions that contribute to the capture, management and collection of patient service revenue. Working collaboratively with outsourced, corporate service functional areas, and practice operations. Responsible for enhancing and maintaining a properly functioning patient financial service (PFS). The Associate Director, Finance is responsible for performing the following duties either personally, through the team members or other support areas.
- 1. Overall responsibility for NEMG revenue cycle processes, enrollment; coding; charge entry and billing; payment posting; cash receipts, and reimbursement monitoring.
- 2. Directs and oversees the enrollment, meaningful use, and NEMG payor performance revenue
- 3. Collaboratively manages outsourced services ensuring effective performance within established contract parameters and defined metrics.
- 4. Establish and maintains liaisons to corporate services, the revenue cycle activities including revenue reporting and analysis, budgeting, managed care contracting, audit compliance and education.
- 5. Responsible for ensuring that accurate reimbursement is received from all payers.
- 6. Responsible for the integrity and management of the EPIC software (and other revenue capture systems) as it related to the revenue cycle (i.e. charge master, contracting, contractual, work queue management, established rules, reporting, etc.)
- 7. Assist to develop and monitor month accounts receivable targets, in accordance with corporate goals and projects ie: revenue cycle key operating metrics, variance analysis, and other receivables.
- 8. Develop and maintain the appropriate internal control safeguards over accounts receivable and records of cash collections.
- 9. Participate in the selection, training and motivation of employees; make effective recommendations regarding hiring, termination, discipline and changes in employment status. Conducts regular performance reviews for assigned personnel. Provided orientation for new employees and interprets for employees all Health Service Personnel and Policies and practices.
- 10. Represents NEMG Finance and works collaboratively with departments and practice operations throughout NEMG to develop and implement procedures which are of mutual concerns. Interact with practices and departments to resolve, including but not limited to, charges, lag times, incorrect coding & third party payors and contact compliance.
- 11. Work with corporate service functions to forecast future financial position and budget requirements.
- 12. Works on special projects requested by the CFO NEMG & VP Finance YNHHS -Physician Relations.
- 13. Develop multi-disciplinary patient financial services teams to enhance quality and efficiently. Motivate cross-department teams' performance toward excellence and developing team concepts and consensus-building management styles.
- 14. Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages each direct reporting department as well as works closely with outsourced, corporate service, and practice operations functions. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the direct report areas. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
BS or BBA in Accounting, Finance or related field.
10+ years related healthcare or physician billing revenue cycle experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strategic thinker, self-confident and able to relate to others in a professional manner. Must be able to quickly establish relationships within the organization. Must have a positive and enthusiastic attitude for the achievement of team goals. Must be thoughtful and respectful of others at all levels of the organization and community. Understands and lives the mission and values of YNHHS; displays unwavering ethics and integrity. Build and maintaining relationships. Ability to quickly learn and adapt to the culture and unique aspects of YNHHS and NEMG. Strong analytical and reasoning abilities as well as superior numeric skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working and public relations. Strong organizational skills and leadership ability.
Local and regional travel is required in order to provide services and support to practice locations and department throughout the three hospital delivery networks.
Back to top