MANAGER QUALITY MEASURE PROGRAM
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Manager, Quality Measures Program has the responsibility for managing CORE government and nongovernment contracts and grants. This high-level position requires substantive knowledge and experience directing health services research, quality measurement development or related work in healthcare. Incumbent will ensure that all project activities are carried out according to project timelines, that deliverables are met and that resources are within the established budget. Manages internal and external CORE staff, conducts performance reviews, recommends compensation increases, and conducts coaching and disciplinary meetings as required. Supervises subcontractors and consultants. In addition, this individual will have a clear understanding of the overall grant or contract technical and business requirements, and effectively communicates the project/contract status to CORE leadership and funding agencies.
- 1. In conjunction with Principal Investigator and Project Director, develops project management plan and timeline to ensure the successful and timely completion of contract deliverables.
- 2. Oversees the planning of the project; establishing goals and objectives; training requirements; productivity goals and financial parameters.
- 3. Manages the logistics of the project through clear communication of roles and responsibilities of team members to promote the successful working of cross-functional teams.
- 4. Effectively communicates project status with internal and external stakeholders and anticipates problems and proposes solutions to complete tasks and troubleshoot difficulties.
- 5. Comprehends the interdependency of tasks related to successful completion of project.
- 6. Understands the basic statistical analysis completed for the project and works closely with the Analysts on the project.
- 7. Prepares and presents briefings and status reports for internal and external agencies.
- 8. Captures meeting outcomes and determines next steps in terms of cross-functional communication and coordination of individual tasks and action items.
- 9. Monitors and manage all tasks and sub-task progress.
- 10. Understands and oversees project budget and works collaboratively with appropriate staff and departments to ensure the expenditure of project funds.
- 11. Strategically solves problems and thinks broadly to develop creative solutions to project challenges.
- 12. Manages multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously.
- 13. Ensures compliance with contractual requirements and regulations established by the funding agencies, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale-New Haven Health System, Yale University and outside agencies.
- 14. Prepares documents for various agencies and internal committees for approval of new projects or reapproval of existing projects.
- 15. Prepares proposals and budgets in response to RFP's from potential funding agencies
- 16. Prepares progress and final reports for project.
- 17. Oversees, coordinates and assesses the day-to-day operation of the research project.
- 18. Indicates and coordinates public awareness and information on the studies.
- 19. Monitors the project budget and reports status to Principal Investigator, and project leadership.
- 20. Writes periodic reports to the funding agencies and participates in preparation of manuscripts and reports.
- 21. Manages staff, develops SMART goals, conducts performance reviews, recomments compensation increases, and provides coaching and disciplinary action as required.
- 22. Supervises consultants and subcontractors.
Masters Degree in public health, nursing, healthcare management/administration, business administration (MPH, MHA, MBA) or related field. Project Management Professional Certification Preferred.
A minimum of five (5) years experience in a managerial/project management role in health services research or healthcare quality indicating demonstrated ability to manage large, complex projects in a matrixed organization involving technical experts, policy makers, multiple stakeholder organizations, health services researchers and project staff resulting in successful completion of high quality deliverables, on time and on budget.
Comprehensive knowledge of health services research methods and project management experience with government contracts and grants. Well developed oral and written communication skills and ability to work with highly technical staff
THIS POSITION IS CO-TERMINUS WITH FUNDING
THERE ARE TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top