MANAGER LAB SUPPORT SVCS - Phlebotomy Lab St Raphael Campus
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible and accountable for the daily operations of the Department's phlebotomy services and specimen processing areas. This includes community based drawstations, on campus clinics and inpatient phlebotomy. These responsibilities include administrative and personnel matters as well as accountability for customer service, budget adherence and capital budget planning. This position is also responsible for the management of all outpatient phlebotomy services. This includes both personnel management and operations.
- 1. Responsible for operations of phlebotomy services and specimen processing.
- 1.1 Manages all staff to include approving work schedules, maintaining proper staff and day to day supervision of activities.
- 2. Responsible for budgetary control.
- 2.1 Responsible for maintaining the operating budget within the expense base. Provides timely feedback to Director of Laboratory Services on all budget variances.
- 3. Assures provision of exceptional customer service
- 3.1 Develops and implements customer service strategies to assure exceptional customer service is provided.
- 4. Other administrative duties
- 4.1 Supports departmental outreach activities in the absence of the Outreach Marketing Coordinator
Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology with MT (ASCP) certification or equivalent. Masters Degree in Health Sciences or business administration preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years of managerial or professional experience in a healthcare setting.
Excellent organizational verbal and written communication skills. Excellent customer services skills required. Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software. General knowledge of laboratory quality assurance. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for laboratories.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top