Manager - IVF Program
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Oversee the day to day operations of all the Greenwich IVF practice sites. Plans, develops, implements, and monitors all operational issues, opportunities, and strategies in conjunction with Program Director. Actively participates in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures, accreditations for practice and equipment, and actively participates in the recruitment and retention of staff.
Functions as an ambulatory patient representative, responsible and accountable for managing the activities of the patient account from the point of scheduling through account resolution.
This role will recruit, train, manage, supervise and evaluate staff while working with various scheduling systems and act as a role model and point person for staff. Formulate solutions to respond and resolve non-clinical customer requests, issues and problems and meet the changing demands and priorities of the hospital and third party environments.
The Manager works closely with the patients, families, outside departments and third party payers to ensure compliance to individual requirements to expedite the timely collection of the accounts receivable to protect the patient and the Hospital from unnecessary financial loss.
- 1. PRACTICE MANAGEMENT:
- 1.1 Responsible for the complete oversight of all daily activities of the Greenwich Fertility practices in collaboration with MDs, Medical Assistants, Medical Secretaries, Embryologists, Financial Coordinator, Biller, Nurses. Collaborates with the Pharmacy, Radiology, OR, MAU, IT, Administration and Financial Departments of the hospital.
- 2. COORDINATES ACTIVITIES OF ACCOUNT
- 2.1 Manages patient account from point of initial contact through account resolution.
- 3. OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS:
- 3.1 Working within the defined operational budget for Greenwich Fertility, continuously advance the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the department through process redesign, continuous quality initiatives, the development of clinical and management information systems and the introduction of new technologies.
- 4. ACTS AS A PATIENT REPRESENTATIVE:
- 4.1 Works closely with patients and/or family members to ensure all demographic and insurance information is accurate and complete while also responding and resolving non-clinical customer requests, issues and problems. Provides customer service to assist program related physicians, staff and patients.
- 5. CONTRACT/SUPPLY MANAGEMENT:
- 5.1 Provide assistance in the development and maintenance of practice related contracts. Assist Program Director to maintain current contracts in Tract Manager software and support the development of new contracts by providing data analysis as requested.
- 6. ROLE MODEL:
- 6.1 Serves as a role model to staff and others though unwavering demonstration of Service Excellence by exhibiting the behaviors defined in the seven
standards, and supporting the Safest Hospital goals in assigned departments/units.
- 7. Additional duties and project work as assigned by Program Director.
Bachelors Degree in Management, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
Two to three years in a medical office/hospital related environment. Medical insurance and third party experience preferred. EPIC experience preferred.
Valid Driver's License Required
Must be self directed and well organized with excellent interpersonal and team oriented skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Software with emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Must exercise strong and independent judgment in decision making. Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills required.
Must have valid Driver's License and own transportation to commute between Greenwich Fertility sites, main Greenwich Hospital campus, and other local travel as required.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top