MANAGER, BUSINESS OPERATIONS
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for managing the business operations for CORE's federal and non-federal contracts and grants. Leads and communicates effectively in a matrixed environment comprised of clinicians, health services researchers, technical experts, faculty, staff, contractors and consultants involved in national projects focused on measurement and evaluation of quality and outcomes of health care. Responsible for daily operations including preparation of budgets, managing contract and grant business requirements, hiring and management of staff, supervision of subcontractors and consultants and implementation of policies and procedures . Develops and prepares proposals in response to funding opportunities. Serves on the CORE management team and contributes to the development of organizational strategies, policies and practices to facilitate effective implementation of projects.
- 1. Provides business and operational oversight for CORE projects (federal and nonfederal contracts and grants) including financial reporting, invoicing, management of subcontractors and consultants, and compliance with sponsor's business and contractual requirements.
- 2. Prepares and oversees project budgets in conjunction with Project Leads. Analyzes financial reports, investigates variances and provides recommendations to ensure budget targets are met.
- 3. In conjunction with the Project Lead and Director, ensures adequate staff and operating resources are available to achieve project goals and deliverables.
- 4. Recruits and hires staff. Designs and continuously evaluates effective staffing recruitment/retention strategies to assure appropriate staffing. Manage appointments to CORE including the visa process for international staff and appointees.
- 5. Manages staff, develops SMART goals, conducts performance reviews, recommends compensation increases, and provides coaching and disciplinary action as required.
- 6. Cultivates culture of ?outstanding place to work? through effective communication, staff meetings, staff development and learning, in-service education, and other strategies to promote employee engagement
- 7. Develops tools and measures to assess project performance.
- 8. Provides regular, effective communication to staff regarding CORE strategic goals, policies, project updates, and changes/updates in staffing and project news.
- 9. Develops, reviews and evaluates policies, procedures, systems and work methods to enhance quality and efficiency of operations.
- 10. Ensures grant and contract procedures are consistent with regulations established by Internal Review Boards (IRBs), data use agreements (DUAs) , data management policies and procedures, federal and other funder's regulations, Yale-New Haven Hospital/Health and Yale University policies.
- 11. Develops and prepares business proposals for contract and grant funding opportunities in collaboration with Project Lead/Principal Investigator.
- 12. Researches and scans for new business opportunities using search engines (Federal Biz Ops) and other available resources.
- 13. Serves as representative of CORE at meetings and conferences. Participates in scholarship and teaching/mentoring.
- 14. Participates in the CORE management team and contributes to development of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
Masters Degree in business administration, health administration, public health, or related field. Clinical degree preferred.
A minimum five (5) years experience in a management position with demonstrated ability to manage the operational and financial requirements for complex health services research projects. Highly developed communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of professionals including government constituents, clinical, technical and professional staff. Experience with federal contracting and NIH grants management preferred. Experience with health care quality improvement preferred.
Well developed oral and written communication skills and ability to prepare proposals. Knowledge of public health research methods and quality of health care preferred.
THIS POSITION IS CO-TERMINUS WITH FUNDING
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top