To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A Licensed Practical Nurse who gives nursing care to patients and performs additional functions under the supervision of the physician/provider. Conveys a positive image of the practice.
- 1. Performs patient care responsibilities as assigned
- 1.1 Identifies self to patient/family and irents patient/family to their roles of each member of the care delivery team.
- 2. Performs administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- 2.1 Sends/receives patient medical records and abstracts new patient records into Epic.
- 3. Performs environmental responsibilities as assigned.
- 3.1 Sets up instruments and equipment according to department protocol.
- 4. Performs other related organizational duties as assigned.
- 4.1 Maintains patient autonomy, confidentiality and dignity.
High School Diploma and LPN Diploma Required.
2 years of medical practice experience preferred.
Current licensure from the State of Connecticut and/or New York (when necessary).
Ability to assist physicians in minor procedures (where applicable). Excellent, organizational, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required. Ability to multi-task is essential. EMR experience preferred and working knowledge of Microsoft office applications required. CPR certification preferred. Bilingual preferred.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids.
Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top