LEARNING & DEVELOP CONSULTANT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Continuously assesses leadership competency, and designs and delivers educational events to address performance gaps and build capability.
- 2. Leads educational efforts in support of system-wide performance management, service line planning and service excellence business focused initiatives.
- 3. Proactively seeks out and integrates into personal practice new methods and approaches from organization development experts to increase YNHHS effectiveness.
- 4. Oversees the coordination of system-wide leadership and core skill educational programming that ensures appropriate use of resources, and proper placement of curriculum within the respective educational program suites.
- 5. Collaborates with managers across YNHHS as requested, to conduct diagnoses, design, development, and delivery of appropriate individual, team, and/or organization interventions.
- 6. Coaches select managers to increase personal effectiveness.
- 7. Leads the effort to evaluate the effectiveness of system-wide leadership and core skill educational programming, resulting in necessary modifications to ensure business relevancy.
MA or MS Degree required, with major coursework in Human Resources Management, Business Management, Organizational Psychology or Organizational Development.
At least ten (10) years of related experience. Extensive OE/OD background, strong consulting, and strong presentation skills. Experience facilitating and managing change. Extensive experience both in developing and facilitating leadership development programs and other learning events. Successful experience in identifying causes of performance gaps/areas of improvement, as well as designing and implementing appropriate interventions. Strong consultative and project management skills, including budget management and vendor relations. Applicable knowledge of adult learning principles.
Must be able to manage multiple projects/tasks concurrently, be detail and client service oriented. Strong consultative, coaching/counseling, and project management skills. Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills. Ability to work effectively with and influence managers across the health system at all levels. Performance improvement skills including facilitating change, accelerated decision making, and Total Quality work process improvement. Relevant certification on multi-rater feedback, and personal assessment inventories.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top