To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs routine duties. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Performs computer data entry and retrieval tasks associated with the Hospital Information System (HIS).
- 1.1 Identifies correct patient through physician provided information.
- 2. Determines and maintains specimen validity associated with initial stages of specimen processing.
- 2.1 Assesses adequacy of specimen according to established procedures and policies with no more than 2-3 exceptions per evaluation period.
- 3. Performs LIS computer activities associated with the non-technical aspect of specimen processing.
- 3.1 Organizes workload, minimizing delay in the initial stages of specimen processing thus maximizing the efficiency of the operation as indicated by feedback and as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Responds to all incoming telephone calls to the laboratory.
- 4.1 Maintains an open telephone line for clinical information or STAT requests.
- 5. Performs clerical duties.
- 5.1 Faxes reports correctly to physican office.
- 6. Performs tasks as assigned by managers.
- 6.1 Performs other duties as assigned. Ex. plating in Microbiology, loading automated instruments.
High school diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE WORKING IN A LABORATORY OR CURRENTLY IN SCIENCE RELATED COURSEWORK PREFERRED.
Ability to type a minimum of 30 WPM, o Good telephone/communication and interpersonal skills, o Demonstrated attention to detail
o While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Back to top