Inventory Specialist - Q-Site
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Direct responsibility for managing the supply needs of the IR/CATH labs and Radiology Suite. Performs inventory management and storage functions for high dollar clinical and physician preferred products. Utilizes the Q-Site web based technology platform with focus of reducing costs and increased efficiencies. Proactively identifies these opportunities, develops and implements plans to achieve expense reduction initiatives. Maintains electronic data files as necessary including consignment inventory and lot/expiration date tracking.
- 1. Responsible for the procurement of supplies for the IR/CATH Lab areas. Maintains database integrity through researching incomplete orders, incorrect unit of measures, managing backorders, stockouts, substitute products and over due orders.
- 2. Receives in product by scanning manufacurer product barcodes into the Q-Site inventory software program. Products delivered where the manufacturer product barcodes cannot be read by the scanner must be manually entered into the Q-Site program with the product description, lot number and product catalog identification number. Labels must be printed and applied to the product in order for the clinician to scan the item and capture the charge when used in the procedure.
- 3. Performs daily review of interface exceptions within the Q-Site software. Takes immediate action to correct the exception working in collaboration with the Charge Master Analyst and/or the Procurement department to resolve the issue. This process will ensure products scanned and used during procedures are crossing over to EPIC and captured in the patients account and nothing is missing or in error.
- 4. Responsible for obtaining all needed information to load new products into the Materials Management Lawson system. Contacts the Procurement department on product returns to vendors. Communicates with Sales Reps and Colleagues at the system level to exchange product that is nearing expiration.
- 5. Performs replenishment functions, determines optimal storage space for products. Performs reorganization, re-sequencing and labeling services for all stocking locations to ensure productive weekly counts and efficient SKU location.
- 6. Utilizes technology to recommend appropriate PAR levels and stocking locations to reduce inventory value. Perfoms cycle counts checking lot #'s are correct within inventory and assists in the annual Fiscal inventory.
- 7. Distributes and refills medical surgical supplies to nursing units stocking neatly in their proper locations. Verifies the quantity of supply in the Par Excellence cabinet/bins to avoid stockouts and ensure accurate replenishment quantities are being transmitted to our JIT vendor.
- 8. Assists in the ordering and replenishment of SPD as needed during PTO. Helps to complete tasks in the Materials Management functions that are not within the job description.
Associate degree required in related area. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
Minimum of two to four years experience in Supply Chain Managament and/or clinical function related field. General PC skills (spreadsheets, word processing and graphics presentation software). Proven ability to learn technical tools.
Strong time management , ability to multi-task with accuracy and efficiency. Analytical, insightful and innovative. Goal orientated team player adaptiple to change with good communication skills. Knowledge of computer software, including point of use systems, Par Excellence, MMIS (Lawson) Q-Site (Owens and Minor)
Subject to many interruptions. Lifts equipment / supplies weighing up to 50lbs. Pushes/Pulls or move equipment, pallet supplies, flatbed carts, computer activities.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top