INVENTORY COORD.-Park Avenue, Trumbull
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for providing coordination and distribution of supply flow between Materials Management Department and Department of Surgical Services, Womens' Care Center, Labor and Delivery, Antenatal Testing, Hemodialysis. Essential duties and responsibilities attached. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Maintains stock level of all items used for the area responsible for supporting.
- 1.1 Completes stock order requisitions and submits to appropriate departments within the specified time period.
- 2. Makes recommendations to determine par levels for stock and non-stock items and is accountable for maintenance.
- 2.1 Recommends par levels (min & max levels) for all stock and non-stock items with input from staff, usage reports and Team Coordinators.
- 3. Develops and provides restocking tools and systems for monitoring stock and non-stock.
- 3.1 Provides reorder sheets with item numbers, location codes and par levels for staff use when checking inventory levels and recording requisition needs for items in their primary location.
- 4. Develops and maintains system for tracking receiving of supplies for both stock and non-stock items.
- 4.1 Maintains record of supplies on order and follows up on supplies that have not arrived within expected lead time.
- 5. Ensures a safe patient care environment.
- 5.1 Consistently adheres to infection control policy and procedures when performing supply breakdown and distribution.
- 6. Identifies and communicates need for materials flow modification and development to appropriate people.
- 6.1 Quarterly and annually reviews pertinent policies, procedures and protocols related to position responsibilities and makes recommendations for modifications as appropriate.
- 7. Maintains division patient care areas stock room inventory within established parameters.
- 7.1 Checks stock inventory levels daily/weekly and restocks as necessary.
- 8. Ensures specialty items availability for case-procedure preparation.
- 8.1 Assists Specialty Team Coords. in procuring case-procedure special item requirements to ensure availability of special items on the day of the surgery.
- 9. Maintains and supports the inventory management systems.
- 9.1 Works collaboratively with Supervisor, staff and Team Coordinators to maintain accurate information of item location in the computer database.
- 10. Utilizes budgeted resources judiciously.
- 10.1 Completes time record accurately.
- 11. Coordinates location code system development application.
- 11.1 Assists with development and implementation of location code systems with Team Coordinators.
- 12. Monitors surgeon case load (historical, current and prospective) necessitating implants, prostheses and pacemakers orders, etc.
- 12.1 Responds to surgeon's requests through Team Coord. Within two working days per established policies and procedures.
- 13. Performs other related duties as required.
- 13.1 Assist with special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- 14. Completes non-therapeutic functions under the direction of MD, PA, APRN or RN.
- 14.1 Remove medication(s) from the pneumatic tube system sent from the Pharmacy or Hospital Supply to the unit/patient care area.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One year experience in medical center or health care related field required, Materials inventory experience preferred.
Advanced computer/math skills required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top