To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Director of Engineering / Manager, this position performs diversified installation, operation, inspection, preventive maintenance and repair duties involving the heating, ventilation, & air conditioning and related control systems throughout the hospital. Included are systems that are critical to the operation of the facility and the safety, comfort of the patients, and staff.
Maintain a working knowledge of building components and State, local Fire codes including JCAHO requirements in order to facilitate the efficient planning and execution of all maintenance and projects knowledge. Will perform a variety of diversified duties as needed primarily in facility maintenance, performs various maintenance assignments and assists other maintenance personnel in the repair and maintenance of physical structures, equipment and fixtures of the hospital. Ground keeping duties and maintain hospital aesthetics.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
- 1.1 Receives work orders and coordinates work to fit daily schedule assigned by Engineering Manager.
- 2. RESPONSIBILITIES/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTION.
- 2.1 Requisitions department stock items as needed.
- 3. REPORTING & ACCOUNTABILITY REQUIREMENTS.
- 3.1 Reports defective material, equipment and faulty operation or unusual conditions.
- 4. SAFETY
- 4.1 Assure the safety of patients, staff and visitors through enforcement of department safety policies and procedures.
Adheres to safety requirements when performing job using the following safety equipment:
1. Safety Eye glasses
2. Filter Lens (Welding/Soldering)
3. Face Shields
4. Ear Plugs or Mufflers
5. Dust Mask
7. Hard Hat
10. Back supports
- 5. ADDITIONAL TASKS.
- 5.1 Performs any additional assignments as required by the supervisor/manager.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of five years experience in commercial, industrial or health care organization.
Must possess State?s Refrigeration Technician License.
Must possess EPA Type IV Universal Certification.
Successful completion of formal training in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and temperature related control networks.
Ability to delegate responsibilities.
Good communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to communicate well, both oral and written.
Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
Vision requirements include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and the ability to adjust focus.
Demonstrated ability to perform the following physical activities during a daily work schedule:
1. Stand, Walk
2. Use hands to finger, Feel, Reach with
Hands & Arms, Climb or balance
3. Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or Crawl
4. Talk or Hear
Ability to be exposed to the following environment conditions during the course of work schedule:
1. Outdoor weather conditions
2. Extreme Cold (non-weather)
3. Work in High Precarious places
4. Risk of Electrical Shock
5. Radiation exposure
6. Blood Borne Pathogens
7. Flammable, Explosive gases
8. Toxic or Caustic Chemicals
9. Dust or other irritants
10. Grease or Oils
11. Infectious/Contagious diseases
12. Cleaning Agents/Chemicals
13. Hot or noisy equipment
Back to top