To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs diversified routine and complex technical tests. Exercises initiative and judgement while implementing solutions to solve problems. Possess thorough knowledge of instrumentation reagents and safety. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Maintains a thorough understanding of technical and procedural aspects of the department.
- 1.1 Evaluates, implements, and practices new methodologies per department guidelines as noted by manager.
- 2. Performs tests with theoretic understanding of Q.A. to be able to monitor results.
- 2.1 Identifies and handles technical and procedural problems within lab policy Q.C. and Q.A. guidelines with little supervision as noted by direct observation.
- 3. Performs routine maintenance of equipment and instruments.
- 3.1 Attends necessary training on new and existing equipment for proper usage instruction as noted in equipment file.
- 4. Solves problems and makes decisions as required in day-to-day activities.
- 4.1 Analyzes and resolves problems independently as appropriate as noted by Pathologist feedback and supervisory observation.
- 5. Communicates with other health care professionals to contribute to a team effort.
- 5.1 Actively involves self in staff discussions and meetings as noted by observation and feedback.
- 6. Continues professional development.
- 6.1 Interacts with peers at state conventions and hospital seminars when possible as noted by attendance records and feedback.
- 7. Provides instruction in basic theory, technical skills, and application of test procedures to staff and students.
- 7.1 Provides in-service to staff after attendance of workshop/conference as noted by staff feedback.
- 8. Serves as the clinical expert in the area of Immunohistochemistry.
- 8.1 Researches new antibodies and evaluates for patient testing using accepted mathematical development techniques.
Bachelors degree in related science with national registry or registry eligible and no less than 5 years in Histology.
No less than 3 years IHC experience. MUST HAVE HT OR HTL (ASCP) CERTIFICATION; QUALIFICATION IN IHC (QIHC) OR FORMAL EDUCATION IN IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY A PLUS; MUST BE CURRENTLY PERFORMING IHC
Qualification in Immunohistochemistry, preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.
Back to top