To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs diversified routine and technical tests. Exercises initiative and judgement to solve problems. Maintains thorough knowledge of instrumentation reagents and safety.Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Maintains a thorough understanding of technical and procedural aspects of the department.
- 1.1 Evaluates, implements, and practices new methodologies per department guidelines as noted by supervisor.
- 2. Performs tests with theoretic understanding of Q.A. to be able to monitor results.
- 2.1 Identifies and handles technical and procedural problems within lab policy Q.C. and Q.A. guidelines with little supervision as noted by direct observation.
- 3. Performs routine maintenance of equipment and instruments.
- 3.1 Attends necessary training on new and existing equipment for proper usage instruction as noted in equipment file.
- 4. Solves problems and makes decisions as required in day-to-day activities.
- 4.1 Analyzes and resolves problems independently as appropriate as noted by Pathologist feedback and supervisory observation.
- 5. Communicates with other health care professionals to contribute to a team effort.
- 5.1 Actively involves self in staff discussions and meetings as noted by observation and feedback.
- 6. Continues professional development.
- 6.1 Interacts with peers at state conventions and hospital seminars when possible as noted by attendance records and feedback.
- 7. Provides instruction in basic theory, technical skills, and application of test procedures to staff and students.
- 7.1 Provides in-service to staff after attendance of workshop/conference as noted by staff feedback.
Bachelors degree in related science with HT or HTL registry or intent to pass within 2 year training period.
HT or HTL
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. They are occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HT OR HTL, 2-5 YEARS EXPERIENCE, IHC PREFERRED
Back to top