To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, this position prepares and distributes assigned recipes in proper quantities meeting established standards to provide the utmost in client satisfaction. Provides wholesome quality food to patients, staff and visitors.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. FOOD PREPARATION:
- 1.1 Maintains established standards for high food quality by using recipe cards, training and teamwork to provide the utmost in customer satisfaction.
- 2. COOK
- 2.1 Prepares assigned recipes according to production sheets, and other special requests utilizing the standardized recipe card file to obtain the quality and quantity needed for daily consumption.
- 3. SANITATION
- 3.1 Maintains appropriate sanitation in-service areas and prep areas to assure a sanitary working environment.
- 4. SAFETY
- 4.1 Assure the safety of patients, staff and visitors through enforcement of department safety policies and procedures.
- 5. ADDITIONAL TASKS:
- 5.1 Performs any additional assignments as required by the supervisor/manager.
One year related experience
Good interpersonal and communication skills, Able to read and speak English, Successful completion of hospital orientation, Successful completion of department orientation, Must be able to lift 50 lbs. +, Must be able to stand/walk for 6 - 8 hours, Must be able to pull/push carts and equipment for 6 - 8 hours
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk .The employee must frequently
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds,
occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. The specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the
essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top