EXEC DIR AMBULATORY SERVICES
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for planning, ambulatory, directing, coordinating, growth and management leadership of all aspects of operations for New Haven sites. Serves as the primary leader for the coordination of the ambulatory practice model of care across all services, and collaborates such work with Yale New Haven Hospital, Yale School of Medicine departments and North East Medical Group. Ensures that the ambulatory operations demonstrate superior outcomes, provides seamless delivery of care, and achieves patient experience standards while maintaining competititve cost structures. Leads efforts in ambulatory performance metrics, quality, safety and performance improvement projects. Utilizing Lean principles drives innovative solutions to operations in support of the ambulatory practice model of care. Leads and ensures regulatory readiness in collaboration with YNHH Department of Safety and Regulatory Affairs. Has administrative oversight for Shoreline Medical, Old Saybrook, North Haven Medical Center and Adult Primary Care Centers with the management of these sites reporting to the Executive Director.
- 1. Responsible for all aspects of the facility through collaboration with clinical and operational leaders to include regulatory, materials management, patient care and business functions.
- 2. Responsible for deployment and sustainment of ambulatory joint planning principles as to patient experience, metrics and the clinical practice model across all services.
- 3. Ensures at all sites compliance with regulatory requirements to achieve and maintain JC accreditation and other regulatory accreditations.
- 4. Collaborate with ITS to implement innovative ways to meet the technology needs all Ambulatory sites. Through this collaboration monitors technology advancements and adapts new tools as appropriate.
- 5. Establishes performance standards and policies for staff in support of the patient experience model, monitors staff engagement and performance to established standards.
- 6. Establishes standards to ensure an exceptional patient experience, leads efforts around patient satisfaction results as to return rate, willingness to refer and other standard metrics in alignment with YNHH/YMG & NEMG standards.
- 7. Through service line collaboration and work with YMG and NEMG establishes standards as to patient throughput, physician productivity and visit volume to approved business plans. Continually assesses and leads improvement of systems and processes to ensure business plan commitments are met.
- 8. Develops methods to review physician satisfaction. Monitors results, reports out results to appropriate committees and leadership.
- 9. Responsible for financial performance of the activities and services at the ambulatory sites in collaboration with service lines, YMG and NEMG leadership.
- 10. Works with marketing leadership to develop plans for key ambulatory initiatives in alignment with overall ambulatory strategy.
- 11. Manages relationships with YSM faculty, NEMG and community providers.
- 12. Responsible for quality/ safety plans and performance initiative across services. Ensures staff?s commitment to quality and safety.
- 13. Work with VP, SVP and other leadership as required in development of strategic short and long range plans for Ambulatory Services.
- 14. Through collaboration with service lines, YMG and NEMG, ensures recruitment, development and retention of staff in a working environment that supports professional growth and development and job satisfaction.
- 15. Serves on hospital committees as needed when assigned by VP.
- 16. Maintains in depth knowledge of the changing healthcare environment. Develops, supports and leads initiatives for the center aimed at care improvement and overall cost reduction.
- 17. Performs other duties as assigned/required.
The incumbent requires a broad knowledge of both business and healthcare and a MS degree in business, public health or health services administration.
A minimum of 10 years of leadership directly in ambulatory operations in an academic medical center environment and strong knowledge of Epic. Previous experience in working with physician leadership and community physician groups and senior administrative levels in a hospital environment. Experience with various ambulatory payment models and current knowledge of potential changes in financial models.
Excellent administrative, technical, communication, customer service and organizational skills. Ability to interact professionally at all levels of management and senior management and deliver results in a team based collaborative environment. Excellent interactions with physician leaders. Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
Position is based in New haven but travel to our existing ambulatory sites is required .
Back to top